Olive oil is made from olives and is referred to as “liquid gold” because of its numerous health advantages. These benefits range from culinary to health. Olive oil comes in four varieties, with organic extra virgin olive oil being the finest for the skin. It is the cheapest cosmetic in our pantry, and when applied to the skin, it gives it instant radiance. You may have heard about Cleopatra, the Egyptian queen’s beauty. The secret to her unblemished beauty was none other than good old olive oil. She looked dazzling and lovely throughout her life thanks to the oil, and if she could look gorgeous, so could we. Let’s have a look at how olive oil (EVOO) might enhance our appearance.
Olive oil is one such oil that has a chemical composition similar to the natural oils on our skin. It’s a multi-purpose oil with health and beauty benefits.
1. Antioxidants protect the skin from the damage caused by free radicals, which cause premature aging.
2. It acts as a natural skin moisturizer. The oil maintains the skin’s suppleness and keeps it smooth and bright. It keeps the skin hydrated and protects it from drying out over the winter. It contains squalling, which helps to keep the skin hydrated.
3. It unclogs the skin pores and treats blackheads and whiteheads. The skin is devoid of blemishes.
4. It promotes skin healing and rejuvenation by removing scars and pimple marks.
5. It contains Vitamin E, Polyphenols, and Flavonoids, which aid in naturally repairing skin cells. These substances aid in the improvement of skin health and radiance.
6. As olive oil is antibacterial, it is used to treat skin conditions.It has anti-inflammatory properties.
7. Heels that are cracked are repaired. Enhances nail health by strengthening fragile nails. The oil contains Vitamin E, which helps to strengthen weak nails.
8. For the skin, it works as a makeup remover. A scrub composed of olive oil and sea salt works wonders on the skin as an defoliant. It can be used as a face mask to treat dry skin.
9. It aids in the prevention of wrinkles. It contains fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K, which aid in the treatment of skin conditions such as eczema.
We’ve seen that olive oil is an excellent skincare product, and that certified, organic, cold-pressed, unrefined extra-virgin olive oil should be used on the skin. This oil contains all of the plant’s beneficial components.